Xiaomi — famed for offering low-cost wearables and other consumer technology — turns five in April. To celebrate the milestone, the Chinese company unveiled five new products in Shanghai on March 31st at an event watched around the globe.
While many suspected the electronics giant would unveil a Xiaomi smartwatch — it did not. Rather, the company showed the rapt crowd how it plans to create an entire Xiaomi ecosystem centered around its smartphones. The five products revealed at the keynote are the below.
- A limited edition pink version of the Mi Note phone (~$400)
- A smart television called the Mi TV 2 (~$800)
- A slim Mi Power Strip (~$8)
- A Mi Smart Scale with Bluetooth compatibility for Android and iPhone (~$16)
- An affordable smartphone called the Redmi 2A (~$100)
Xiaomi is currently valued at $46 billion and continues to impressively tackle mega-corporations like Apple and Samsung with its affordable products and marketing tactics centered around the art of anticipation.